Best website to find flat in Lisbon

Hello,

I’m moving in Portugal next month and I want to know what are you experience with website like idealista ?

Thank you

3 Likes

:wave: Hi there, welcome to Portugal! :portugal:

If you’re already in Portugal or have someone you trust to visit flats for you, I’d recommend Idealista or Imovirtual. They’re one of the best websites for finding a place, but be cautious as there are a few scammers around as Portugal grows.

If you need to have a place settled before arriving (i.e., won’t be using Airbnb for house-hunting or staying in temporary accommodation first), I highly recommend using Flatio.pt or Spotahome.com.

Another fantastic tool that will help you find a neighborhood according to your needs is hoodpicker.com. You’ll be able to filter according to your requirements! :house::sparkles:

P.S.: Avoid making down payments on websites like Idealista or Imovirtual without inspecting the property first.

2 Likes

And we just received a coupon from Spotahome!

If you’re planning to book through them, remember to use the discount code 'ANCHOR20 ’ to enjoy 20% off your reservation.

1 Like

I second Flatio. We were able to get a lease in 2 days, no deposit, and rental insurance included.

3 Likes

I use Idealista. I find it easy to use and they have an app so it is very helpful!

3 Likes

Same as you, Idealista is good to find but sometimes they don’t pickup when it’s not a portuguese number.

3 Likes

Hello,

:house: Uniplaces, Spotahome, HousingAnywhere, and Roomless Rent are excellent options if you’re looking for a quick solution, especially if you’re unable to visit the place physically beforehand. While these platforms may charge a fee, they often offer a seamless process and a wide selection of accommodations to choose from. Additionally, if you’re an Erasmus student, joining specific Facebook groups can often provide promotional codes that can make your search even more affordable. :mortar_board:

Speaking from personal experience, I found my accommodation through HousingAnywhere within just a few days. The process was incredibly straightforward, and I encountered no major hurdles. Overall, I highly recommend exploring these platforms to find the perfect place for your move to Portugal. :star2:

Best of luck with your relocation! :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

HousingAnywhere is the best for short and medium-term rentals, but it’s very expensive! I used it when I moved and I know a lot of people who used it for roommates when they moved to study for 3/6 months.

Flatio.com has limitations with credit cards and don’t accept bank cards from Kazakhstan and Georgia. So for these countries only wire/SWIFT transfer is possible which is not so convenient.

1 Like