How to invoice as freelancer from Portugal

In the UK, we utilize the sole trader status for our freelance activities. Is there an equivalent status in Portugal? Additionally, is it possible to maintain our sole trader status while operating from Portugal?


1 Like


In my opinion, the best option for you would be to establish a business activity in Portugal. You can do this through this link.

It’s similar to the Sole Trader status in the UK. With this status, you can issue invoices directly from the Finanças portal, which in Portugal are referred to as “Recibo Verde”.

Please note, I’m not a tax expert, so I strongly recommend consulting with a tax professional to ensure your setup is fully optimized and compliant!